Sunday 18 September 2011

First date

A couple of days after seeing Kas, I went on a date. I had been talking to Rob_31 for a few weeks before I went away, and was touched when I logged in after my holiday to see a really cute message from him. The thing with online dating is conversation can dry up quickly, but that wasn't the case with Rob. As a result I decided to play the long game, and 3 weeks after we had first started chatting, we went on a date.

We met outside of a pub and as soon as I saw him I thought he was gorgeous, and he confidently gave me a kiss and took me to the bar. Although I felt a little nervous, I didn't feel awkward. We found a table and the conversation flowed - he was flirty and handsome and funny - I couldn't believe my luck.

He then bought me dinner (I know, impressive for a first date) and we had a few more drinks. All I could think was "If he wasn't interested, he would have been long gone!" And then he kissed me. I'm not one for any sort of public displays of affection, but this was thigh-tingling good. He even walked me home.

Normally, I would be screaming from the roof tops that I had met an awesome man, but there was something about Rob and our first date that made me think, feel and act differently. There was no question from the first date that there was chemistry, we had things in common, we could make each other laugh. He was a gentleman, warm and considerate. I couldn't find fault on the first date - which is unusual for me. I slept that night with a grin on my face and my fingers and toes crossed for a second date...

No comments: